1) If it's going to be a button for some sort of action, use a flipping <button> or <a>nchor so that the hooks are in place to style it and so it's keyboard navigable.
2) you've got a perfectly good FA icon there, why the garbage extra class around it.
3) DIV id block level, this is a coherent thought, as such SPAN should be the correct tag semantically, that way you're not making multiple landings.
4) PX is a broken inaccessible metric used by amateurs. It's called EM, use 'em!
5) you're playing around with width too blasted much, and it's why you've likely got a LOT more CSS than you need to.
6) Thanks for an idea for my own article on doing this, since I've already done this on a number of sites.